When it comes to painting spaces with little or no natural light, consider the source and quality of light in a space before choosing a color. Choosing paint colors for a room that lacks natural light can be challenging. However, it is important to choose colors that can elevate and brighten up the room. Saturated hues work best in any dark area.
Here are some colors that can brighten a dark room:
- Lavender: Different shades of lavender can work well in low light rooms, from light tints to dusky violet hues. Pair lavender with gray, black, and white or coordinate it with bold purples and blues for a playful color scheme.
- Pale yellow: Pale yellow can create a natural light feel in a room. Unlike bolder shades of pale yellow, light, buttery hues reflect artificial light luminously without the risk of overpowering the space. White woodwork and warm wood tones can enhance the classic look of yellow interiors.
- Chocolate brown: Chocolate, a warm and inviting shade, can make a low light room cozy, unlike most dark paints. To keep the look from feeling too heavy, balance chocolate with light accents, such as white woodwork, pale carpeting, or patterned fabrics.
- Powder Blue: This blue shade is effective in brightening even the darkest corner. You can create a more traditional interior with powder blue by pairing with it with crisp white details, dark wood furnishings, and deep red tones in upholstery.
- Warm orange: All the shades of orange such as apricot, pumpkin, and tangerine can transform a low light room into a room that radiates warmth. In addition, orange can glow radiantly when lit by lamps, candlelight, or even from a limited source of sunlight.
- Gray: Gray is a popular neutral because it works well in low light rooms. Choose a lighter shade for the walls to brighten a room. You can incorporate gray with bright accents into the room through woodwork, fabrics, and accessories.
- Pink: Pale rose and seashell shades of pink can brighten your room effectively, but bolder hues like watermelon and fuchsia work better for accent walls.
- Lime green: Lime green is perfect for a poorly lit room. It can be used on an accent wall, in bedrooms and baths or areas like the laundry room.
Contact Ed’s Painting and Construction for professional house painters!
Ed’s Painting & Construction is a top notch professional interior and exterior painting company. Our team has been rigorously trained to specialize in all painting jobs. We are aware of the latest painting trends, and provide excellent service. Call us today at 845-213-3188 /201-582-6663 for a consultation with our professional painters. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.