“Colors reflect emotions.”When people are looking for colors to paint a specific room in their home they are searching for a color that resonates with how they feel. They want to choose a color that expresses who they are, but also they want their guests to have a great sensation when entering their home. Colors can bring out the best in people.
Popular Color Trends Selected by the Paint Companies:
- Benjamin Moore: Guilford Green, creative director of the company says, “A neutral that’s natural.”
- Pratt & Lambert: Noir, it reinforces dramatic color palettes and counters stark white, with dark and rich tones.
- Sherwin-Williams: Coral Reef, Jackie Jordan, Director of Color Marketing says, “Its unexpected versatility brings life to a range of design aesthetics, whether traditional, vintage, cottage or contemporary.”
- BEHR: Essential Teal, Director of Color Marketing for BEHR, Erika Woeful says, “Color itself is like one of the senses, enhancing our world and our state of mind.”
- Farrow & Ball: Tanner’s Brown, the companies color experts say, “This earth brown feels totally timeless and has an artisan feel to it.” It is best to use this color in areas that lack natural light as a balance to paler tones.
- Glidden: Caribbean Sea, the Color Team at Glidden says the blue is, “Reminiscent of ocean waters and endless skies.” It gives a feeling of optimism.
- Dutch Boy: Coal Blue, it gives new life to complementary “barely there” colors.
- Kelly-Moore: Coastal Surf, A survey done by the American Society of Interior Designers gave insight to Kelly-Moore that Coastal Surf is the paint color of the year. It is very popular amongst interior designers’.
- PPG Pittsburgh Paints: Blue Paisley, The company’s National Color Brand Manager, Dee Schlotter, says that this color is energizing and positive providing potential.
- Color House: Metal .05, It is referred to as a color that is calming, yet seductive.
- Devine Color: Devine Iguana, A lively yellow color, that provides a tropical tint with an exotic accent.
- Pantone: Marsala, A sophisticated color, with a natural earthiness. This hearty color translates easily to fashion and beauty.
- Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan: Burgundy, A rich red color similar to a Turkish Rug, or like cranberries and plums.
- Fine Paints of Europe: Sapphire, Described as a midnight blue that adds vitality to your home.
The major Paint Companies of the country have selected colors that they feel will be trending this year. Their insight can help you select a color for your home that resonates with you and your guests.
Is Painting Your Next Project? House Painters in Spring Valley, NY
Ed’s Painting is a full service professional painting company in Spring Valley, NY & New Jersey. We know how to paint the exterior and interior of your home to make it look beautiful. Pick the color and we paint it. If your next project is painting and are looking for professional help, call us at 201-582-6663 / 845-213-3188.