Having the entire house painted can be fun and exciting, but it can also be challenging. Many homeowners make the mistake of painting the wrong rooms first, only to find themselves in an uncomfortable position afterward. Prioritizing the rooms is essential for a smooth and hassle-free house painting project. Here are some tips from the house painting professionals at Ed’s Painting & Construction on how to prioritize rooms for painting:
- The bedroom: The bedroom is the first room you should paint. It is the place where you can relax after a long day of painting work. The sooner you get it painted, the sooner you can use it again. Having the bedroom painted first will also allow you to feel at home even if the rest of the house is messy.
- The bathroom: If you don’t want to have your bedroom painted first, you can get start with the bathroom. A bathroom is generally smaller in size than the other rooms in the house. Having it painted first can help you feel accomplished and inspire you to get the other parts of the house painted.
- The kitchen: The next room to paint is the kitchen. Having a freshly painted kitchen will give you quicker access to your food items so that you are not obliged to eat out all the time while the painting work is going on.
- The living room: After the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen are painted, you can now paint the living room. A living room usually has the most furniture and is probably the biggest room in your house. Painting this room may take a little longer.
- The laundry room: Having the laundry room painted last will keep your clothes from smelling like paint. Washing your clothes while the painting work is going on is not recommended.
- The attic and the basement: You can have these rooms painted last because they are not used very often. Keep the windows open and the door to the rest of the house closed so that the smell does not spread into your home.
Your home is more than just a house – it’s your castle, your comfort and an expression of who you are. The right residential painting company and the perfect paint colors can make all the difference. Our house painters have the skills, expertise and experience to transform and enhance your home’s appearance. For more information, Call us at 201-582-6663 or 845-213-3188 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org