A big step in improving the appearance of your home is to paint the exterior of the house. Many people attempt to do this project themselves. It is an ambitious project and if not properly done, can result in anything from a botched job to accidents and injuries arising from the improper use of ladders, scaffolding, etc. For a large project such as this, the best thing to do is call the professionals. Look for a painting company with years of experience on large and small projects, that will work with you to choose the best paint for your home and that can give you the best results.
To give you an idea of the scope of the project, there are several things you must do to ensure the best possible results. Here are some tips for preparing, or prepping, a surface for paint:
- You should protect the surrounding environment from paint splatters by completely covering the ground and landscaping with drop cloths.
- You should wear safety goggles to prevent paint from getting in your eyes.
- You should use a paint scraper to remove any peeling or cracked paint. If this is not possible, you can use sandpaper or an electric sander.
- You should have the materials needed on hand such as: a primer paint, paint can opener, stir sticks, roller covers and roller cages, paintbrushes for latex paint and oil-based paint, paint tray, gloves, drop cloths, ladders and an extension for the roller to paint near or on the roof.
- You should use a good primer that can hide small imperfections such as water stains or smoke damage.
- You should protect any fixtures that cannot be removed, such as sconces, with painters’ tape.
There is a high probability that there will be challenges in doing this as a DIY project. Professional painters have the experience, knowledge, expertise and all the necessary tools of the trade to paint any section of your home, whether inside or outside, faster and better than you will be able to do. If you want the result to be as perfect as possible, call Ed’s Painting & Construction. There is no job too big or too small for their professionals, and they offer a warranty on all their services. They will guide you in making the right color choice, complete the project as quickly as possible, and leave your home looking brand new with no clean-up. They also do wallpapering, light carpentry, power washing, deck construction and waterproofing basements.Call Ed’s Painting & Construction at 201-582-6663 or 845-213-3188 for additional information. Don’t trust your home to just anyone. Choose Ed’s Painting & Construction. Choose the best.